Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Creating a Custom Stocking

Just a 3 years ago I was on the Etsy feature, Alchemy, and I answered a request to make 3 custom made Christmas Stockings. From that one little request I was off creating and loving every minute of it. It inspired me to open a second Etsy shop just for my Christmas Stockings.

Last year I created 37 stockings and each one of them was a one of a kind stocking. While I had a very successful season last year with my stockings, I found that I really did have people who didn't understand how the process worked. So I thought I would share with you all the process of ordering and creating a stocking.

When ordering from my shop you will need to have some information, or at the very least some thoughts. I don't mind at all, in fact I love, guiding you through the process. Each and every one of my stockings is a handmade original, no two are exactly alike.

Here are some things you should think about:

1.) Color of your stocking
2.) Color of your cuff and lettering.
3.) Which direction you want your stocking toe to face.
4.) Do you like more traditional designs or do you want something completely custom to you?

Other things to think about, interest or hobbies of yours or the person you are purchasing for. I can find a wide variety of designs and usually we can find one that you will love! Whether your daughter is in ballet, or soccer, a rock star or a collector of snowmen. Or if your son is a hunter, fishermen, football player, hockey, golf.

All of these things, and many many more, are available on a stocking.

You may want everyone in your family to have a similar design. I can show you design packs where we can choose a related design for each of your family members.


Once you have decided on the colors and orientation of your stockings, and you have given me some thoughts on designs, I will begin my research. This is the most fun part of the process. I will take a few hours, look through designs and then send you links that show the designs I think you will like. You can then let me know what you like and don't. We will keep this up until we find exactly the right designs for your stockings.

The next step is for me to create. Stockings are generally created within 72 hours of your purchase. I strive to provide a very timely production and shipping time line. I will send you pictures once your stockings are complete.

I provide a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied with your stocking, let me know!

The wonderful thing about my stockings is the only limit on design is your imagination! I don't think I have had a request yet that I wasn't' able to fulfill.

Not only do I machine embroider, I also create other wonderful stockings using re purposed fabrics and other materials.



Do you have a favorite old quilt that has been in the family for years but is now showing wear, or maybe you want to share it with your other family members. I can re purpose it for you and make stockings that you will use for many Christmas's to come. My favorite project last year was turning a families matching nightgowns into fully lined flannel stockings for a family of 7. It was wonderful to give them a way to hang onto their family memories for years to come.


So drop in and check out my shop, or Facebook page. There are many pictures of all the different stockings I have created. If you have an idea, email me and we can discuss it! I look forward to exploring your ideas and creating a special holiday item for your home and family!


Till next time............

Mrs Claus
http://www.facebook.com/mrsclaussewingroom
http://www.etsy.com/mrsclaussewingroom
mrsclaussewingroom@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment